Credit Card Procurement Procedure
Purchase orders are always the preferred method of procurement; however, there will be occasions when you will need to make other arrangements to make a site purchase.
Criteria for determining if this SHOULD be a purchasing department credit card purchase:
- Vendor does not accept purchase orders AND
- Product can only be purchased from this particular vendor OR
- Price is significantly reduced by using the credit card procedure
Criteria for determining if this SHOULD NOT be a purchasing department credit card purchase:
- Vendor accepts school district purchase orders
- You want the order faster or it is a last second purchase
- It is easier than processing a purchase order
- It is for conferences or travel – all such arrangements must be made through Schelli Landreth
- Identify product and vendor of choice.
- Contact Purchasing Department to verify if credit card is best option and whether order can be placed or if other method of procurement should be used.
- Complete Credit Card Requisition form (fillable form), obtain all necessary approvals and submit to Purchasing.
- Order will be placed on site’s behalf, paperwork will be submitted to Accounts Payable and designated account will be charged.
- Orders will be delivered to the district warehouse, verified for accuracy and delivered to the school site. Receiving documentation will be forwarded to Accounts Payable.
- CREDIT CARD ORDERS ARE PLACED ON MONDAYS (Tuesdays for weeks with Monday holiday). Please have all information to the Purchasing Department by 2:00 p.m. on the Friday prior.